14 March 2009

How you doin’ since the world turned Grey?


Are you really a human being if you haven’t been in love with a character from a TV series? Is it really possible to be a teenager and not fall in love with at least one person on TV? I fell so hard that my room was full of posters and I kissed HIM goodnight every night.....sorry to disappoint you but I don’t intend to tell you who he was. That will be my little secret....

At the age of 24 I have to admit that I still fall in love with doe’s characters. But I like to think that it’s different now. I don’t like Joey in Friends because of the way he can seduce me with a ‘how you doing’, I don’t worship McDreamy in Grey’s Anatomy because of his hair, I don’t adore Ross in Friends because of the way he believes in unconditionally love and I most certainly do not like Dr. Karev in Grey’s Anatomy because he is the bad one. I defiantly don’t dislike them for does qualities, I mean I’m a girl, but I also don’t love them for all that. I love them for so many other reasons. Reasons that have to do with them letting me in to their crazy world of relationships, work, friendships, parenthood, fears and happiness. They let me leave my own grey world, if just for an hour, to be a part of theirs.

What is so great with being invited to Seattle Grace Hospital or the Central Perk? For me it’s the perfect mix between reality and fiction, humour and deadly seriousness, great sunny days and terrible grey ones, life being easy and life being hard. Grey’s Anatomy and Friends are like life it self, if you don’t know how to be happy and laugh you don’t know how to be sad and cry. They have the meaningful and important ingredients to be perfect TV series, my favourite ones. So I have to say: I’m doing pretty well for living in a Grey world! How you doing?





2 comments:

  1. Dear Anna!

    You start up very good and make the readers curious of what to come next.

    I recognize myself in many things that you write. Yes, me to felt very much in love in a character when I was a teenager.

    The paragraphs are fine, I understand the theme that goes throughout the text. But the second paragraph I felt was very difficult to understand. You made me a little bit confused with all the “don´t”. I had to read that part several times to understand it.

    Other than that I felt the blog was nice and fun to read and I´m looking forward to read your next blog.

    Best regards
    Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anna

    I really enjoyed reading your blog assignment #2, you really tricked me by making me curious of your TV "crush" in your teens. You also made me remember my own teens and about my own love to acters in TV series. (Thank you for that!)

    I can agree with you about "Friends" I watched that series some years ago and I really loved it. I havn't entered the "Grey World" yet speaking about Grey's Anatomy but beacuse I havn't seen a single episode of it. I've heard a lot of nice comments about that TV series so probably it might be a nice gift to myself if I intend to buy me a DVD box. Then I can watch all the episodes whenever I like to.

    About your writing in your blog it's all fine with me regarding paragraphing and so on. I must admit that I don't feel very comfortable about commenting on other peoples texts. I don't feel confident with my own skills in English to be capable of commmenting on other peoples grammar an paragraphing.

    Have a nice weekend
    Best regards,
    Viktoria

    ReplyDelete